Repair or Replace Your Damaged Teeth with a Porcelain Fixed Bridge
Provided by Dr. David Richardson in Charleston, South Carolina – Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics
Fixed dental bridges are a popular restorative treatment often used for replacing missing teeth to restore your smile to look great again.
Before and After Photos of Porcelain Dental Bridges:
Reasons for a Dental Bridge:
- To replace a missing tooth (or teeth) and restore your smile.
- To fill gaps and spaces between your teeth which make it embarrassing to smile.
- To maintain facial shape.
- To prevent your remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
- To restore your chewing and speaking ability.
- To upgrade from a removable partial denture to a fixed dental prosthesis.
- To turn your damaged smile into a bright, white beautiful smile!
How Dental Bridges Work:
A dental bridge is a fixed (non-removable) restoration, an excellent way to replace missing teeth. The “traditional bridge” is a popular restoration, usually made of porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain fixed bridges are popular because they resemble your natural teeth. This type of bridge consists of two crowns that go over two anchoring teeth (abutment teeth) and are attached to pontics (artificial teeth), filling the space created by one or more missing teeth.
Dental bridges are highly functional and can last many years, however they may need replacement due to dental decay.
Delivering your fixed bridge usually requires just 3 visits:
Visit 1: Planning your Smile
During the first step in treatment, Dr. Richardson will analyze your teeth and plan your restoration so a fixed “dental bridge” may be prepared that will accurately fit your smile. An impression (mold) is made which will be sent to a dental laboratory where the bridge will be fabricated. A highly skilled dental technician will follow Dr. Richardson’s instructions to create your new fixed dental prosthesis.
While the teeth are numb, the two anchoring teeth are prepared by removing a portion of enamel to allow for abutment crowns. A temporary fixed bridge will be fabricated and cemented to place.
Visit 2: Fitting your Fixed Bridge
The alloy framework of the bridge is evaluated for proper fit prior to porcelain application.
Visit 3: Delivering your Fixed Bridge
The finalized porcelain/alloy fixed bridge is cemented to place once the tooth contacts are perfected. The porcelain fixed bridge with prosthetic tooth (or teeth) will be cemented to “close the gap” that your missing tooth (or teeth) has created. With proper professional care, your fixed bridge should last you many years.
The result of tooth crowns and bridges is you will get a “smile makeover” that will make you look and feel great.
Why Choose Dr. Richardson for Your Porcelain Dental Bridge?
- A Proven Dentist - Dr. Richardson is Charleston’s top smile restoration dentist with over 30 years of specialty experience and a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics for 25 years. Dr. Richardson’s restorative dentistry includes top laboratory support from the best Dental Laboratories in the United States to ensure your tooth restorations are durable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Sedation Dentistry - Anxious about going to the dentist? Relax. Genuine comfortable sedation dentistry is available and includes conscious-sedation administered and monitored by a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon or Anesthesiologist to make sure you are comfortable and safe.
- Fully Warranted - Dr. Richardson will take care of any issues with your full-mouth makeover from start to finish. On the rare occasion that a problem should occur, Dr. Richardson will fix the problem of failed materials within the first year with no additional fees.
- Dental Financing Available with No Surprises - All financial arrangements are made at our dental office and there will be no hidden fees or additions after you confirm your treatment plan and treatment begins. This will ensure there will be no frustrating “surprises” that cost you more than you anticipated.
Dr. Richardson Creates Charleston’s Beautiful Smiles.
Regain your smile and your confidence with dental implants. Call Dr. Richardson in Charleston today to schedule your consultation appointment. If you have any questions about Smile and Dental Implant Restorations call us at (843) 766-5333
We value your privacy.
Website development by Website Optimization